Friday, July 20, 2007

What I've Been up to for the Last Month

We went camping over Father's Day weekend. That was fun and I wish I was able to do more camping this summer. We took the girls up a few days early to hang w/ Grandpa. It was funny because Olivia was NOT going to stay (said she'd miss Mom & Dad too much). We knew better and packed her bags "just in case." Well, we got up there and she changed her mind (said she didn't want to go on the ride home-too long). They didn't seem to mind at all when it was time to go, we had to ask for hugs and kisses because they were too distracted getting ready for swimming!

We got a new tent, it's bigger and better than our last one. It will fit all 5 of us AND the dog next summer. I can't wait!





Let's see..........what else?

Olivia lost her second top tooth and she now has a sweet gap she likes to whistle through. Anika has been taking swim lessons this week. She is quite the little fish in the water. She has always loved water. Olivia is the cautious one in the family.

Oh yeah, about the time we went camping, we had a robin make a nest in one of my beautiful hanging baskets Mark got me form Mother's Day. The basket hangs right on the front porch. In the days after the girls left for camping, she laid some eggs. She sat on them and about two weeks later, they hatched! Four baby robins! We watched the "Mom & Dad" robins bring their babies worms. The girls LOVED it! And we could watch them from inside the house without disturbing them! They grew so fast. Then one day we came home from the pool and there were only 2 left. The next morning, I went out to get our milk & eggs (we have them delivered) and there was one left. Olivia stayed on the porch while I took the milk inside. As soon as I got inside, I heard Olivia say "Mom, the baby just jumped out and plopped onto the lawn!" Sure enough, there he/she was with Mom nearby. The whole experience was really neat for all of us.







I worked lots of extra "on call" shifts. I only work 40 hr every two weeks, well, it works out to be 40 hr in 6 days and then I have a stretch of 8 days off. So, I am able to pick up extra 4 hr on call shifts, if I so desire. It's completely voluntary, but it is time and a half (if I get called in to work) plus an extra $3 an hour just for being on call. Fortunately, my on call hours are DONE! No more until after I return from maternity leave.

Speaking of maternity leave, I only have 5 more 4 hour shifts left until I am officially on leave. These were originally 8 hr shifts, but I was on bedrest last weekend due to swelling and increased blood pressure. My swelling and BP went down so nicely, my doctor said it would be OK for me to work just 4 hr shifts. THANK YOU! My doctor is great, he even called to check on me Friday night.

The girls went camping with Grandpa and Grandma Deb last weekend, they had a blast. Both of the girls have a great relationship with my Dad, but Anika has especially bonded with him. She is already threatening to move to his house when she gets upset with Mark or me. Can't wait for those teenage years!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I sure had fun with the girls, camping with my family is one of the things the brightens my life.
one of this days I'm going to try and take my 3 older grandkids, if thats ok with Brandi!!

Blog Archive