Friday, December 28, 2007

New Year's Eve


I am so excited! Traditionally, we have prime rib with my Dad & Debbie, my siblings and some friends on New Year's Eve. Some of us make it until midnight, others don't. This year, for various reasons, we decided to have our prime rib dinner on New Year's Day instead of New Year's Eve.

So then we wonder "What should we do on New Year's Eve?"

Mark and I thought we'd have an "open house" type party with a game night theme. We've been racking our brains trying to plan it out. We were thinking people could drop by when they wanted to and we'd invite family and friends (friends with kids and friends without kids). It just became too much to think about, really.

Then came Mark's best idea of the year: Let's just have a family New Year's Eve Celebration! It'll be just us and the kids staying up until midnight and ringing in 2008. And we'll have my Dad & Deb over early in the evening for some fun & games too.

Now the wheels are really turning! Oh, the possibilities here are just so exciting! We're talking games and treats and activities and sparkling cider and make your own pizzas and party favors and fancy hot cocoa drinks and dazzling decorations and oh where do I stop?

And as far as the Prime Rib dinner, well, I am really excited about that too. It'll be the best New Year's Day ever!

1 comments:

Unknown said...

Maybe I should move to Boise.. you people seem to have a lot of fun... not so much drama! :)

Blog Archive