Tuesday, February 26, 2008

No, the Republicans in My Family Didn't Scare Me Away (see comment in my Obama post)

I have been busy trying to convince Mark that he doesn't really want Hilary to win the nomination! Ha, if only I had time for THAT!

Here's what I've been up to this month:

-Updating my Macbook- our hard drive crashed a few weeks ago. It was only EIGHT MONTHS OLD! I still love my Macbook though. It pays to have an external hard drive!

-Chairing a new committee at work

-Making cupcakes and cookies for class parties (thanks to Mark for making a batch of cupcakes for me)!

-Feeding Luke, because he NEVER STOPS EATING! This is because HE NEVER STOPS MOVING, except when he is asleep, which is really only at night. He sleeps great at night, but is a terrible napper. He only sleeps for 20-30 minutes at a time, 2-3 times a day.

-Registering families (there are about 50 of them) at Anika's preschool because I am insane and volunteered to be the registrar for the third year in a row.

-Attending preschool meetings. Anika goes to a cooperative preschool and as the registrar, I am part of the "board" so I have to go to the "board" meetings.

-Holding Luke while I unload and reload the dishwasher because he has two new teeth. After that, I feed him again.

-Helping in both the kids' classrooms

-Then there's the usual stuff like working, cleaning, bills, cooking, bathing the kiddos, family activities, driving and picking up the kiddos to/from school.

I might sound like I am complaining, but really, I love this life. I love that I can work part time and still have the benefit of being with my kids during the day before I go to work. I am frequently tired and my house is frequently cluttered with stuff, but I have a happy family!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm so glad! Man, you are busy! I mean, I'm busy, but it's all within my 4 walls (I don't do ANYTHING outside anymore). I'm glad to know that everything is good!! Tell Mark that it's ok that he's a Hilary man.. I think having Hilary as the Dem candidate is the ONLY chance we have at "winning" (not that having John McCain should be considered winning") :) Send my love to the whole clan out there!

Emily Marie said...

You are busy. I feel busy sometimes but not that much. I only have one in school and we don't go many places! It is good to know that it can be done!

Blog Archive