Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Nothing New but Bizarre Dreams

Nothing too exciting going on at the Bennett house! We never made Valentine cookies because Mom had a very tired week that week. I got the BEST gift ever from Mark for V-day: an absolutely fabulous pregnancy pillow! I'm only 16 weeks, but it has made my night's much more comfortable. It is so much better than the regular body pillows I used with the last 2 pregnancies. I've even used it in the evenings occasionally when I am lounging on the couch. It is a little spendy, but so worth the money for my comfort. Here's the link (this is for you, Ana):

http://www.babyage.com/products/13594_leachco_back_n_belly_contoured_body_pillow.htm


So, I've been having the most bizarre dreams the last few nights. It started with a very vivid dream of giving birth to a boy. Thing was, I didn't know the other people in my dream, like Mark wasn't there-it was a different husband, and the doctor was also a stranger. But, it was definitely a boy as he peed on me! Then 2 nights ago, I dreamed we left the kiddos home alone while I was in labor and I couldn't get anyone to pick them up for us. They were OK though, they watched a movie while we were gone. Last night I dreamed there were monsters after us. We hid in our attic space for a few days while they were looking for us and woke up when they found us. There were lots of shorter, yet vivid, nonsense dreams in between too.

The two most common questions about this pregnancy: Are you finding out the gender and are you trying for a boy? The answers are "no" and "NO!" I find the second question to be insulting, maybe it's because SO MANY people at work have asked me that one.

Olivia and Anika can't wait to go camping. Olivia talks about it everyday. She wants to go NOW and does not care if there is snow on the ground. I love her enthusiasum! They are going to have a "campout" at Grandpa's this weekend so hopefully that will satisfy the camping blues for a few weeks anyway. I, too, am looking forward to camping this year. We will have our first trip in May. We will probably go again in June and that will be it for me! Here is a picture of the entrance to our favorite campground, Baumgartner, taken on our last camping trip last fall.

.


The campground hosts, Greg and his wife, Linda, are great people. Since we went about everyother weekend last summer, we got to be friendly with them. Linda would bring the kiddos little goodies like Smokey the Bear kits, necklaces and stuffed bears. They tell great stories and they take great care of the campground. Mark and I are thankful for the memories that are made on our camping adventures. I believe my kiddos are as well, they just don't know it yet. I know they will look back on day and have happy thoughts of their young camping days when they were sitting next to the fire drinking Grandpa's hot cocoa, waiting to eat his sourdough pancakes.

Let the countdown begin!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

First of all.. I now have a craving for sourdough pancakes.. second.. that pillow looks so comfortable! I'm making due with a body pillow, but now it seems I need to explore other options. Thanks for the update!

Unknown said...

Love the new blog.. :)

Do I have your permission to put a link to your blog on my blog?

How many times can I say blog in this comment... ??

Unknown said...

P.S. Have you had an ultrasound yet? Are you sure it isn't twins? J/k

Blog Archive