Monday, March 26, 2007

Growing Up and Other Things

Olivia turned six years old on March 17. I thought I had a hard time when she started kindergarten, but I think it will be just as hard, if not harder, when she starts first grade. The last few weeks she has been singing a song she is learning for her Spring music program.

(To the tune of "New York, New York"):

Start spreadin' the news, I'm leavin' today..... I want to be a part of it, First Grade, First Grade.........We've worked very hard, our teacher is proud......So open up those doors to First Grade, First Grade...............

When she started singing it the first time, I expected to hear New York, New York. Then she said "First Grade, First Grade" and my eyes welled up with tears!

FUNNY THINGS MY KIDS HAVE SAID RECENTLY:

Olivia says to me last week "I think you are having a girl because girls are all you know how to make!"

Anika came outside to tattle on Olivia for something. We told her to go back inside and work it out with Olivia. Silence. Then she says "What? You want me to hit her with a ballon? OK." She turned around and closed the door and went back inside.

OTHER HAPPENINGS:

My 20 wk ultrasound is tomorrow. The kiddos are going with us. We hope not to see any gender parts. That reminds me, I need to get a video tape!

I went shopping for maternity clothes today. It wasn't as fun as I hoped it would be. Old Navy's (Anika calls it Old Lady) selection is very small. Target's selection is even smaller. I found a few shirts at one of the consignment stores. The only clothes I REALLY liked were the new nursing uniforms I bought. Sad. Can't wait to go to work!

Olivia learned how to tie her shoes last week and Anika wrote Olivia's name without having to ask how to spell it.

I think I've changed my mind on the name "Irene." Yes, already. That didn't last long, did it?

I am going to try some "Once a Month Cooking" in April. Well, I don't actually forsee myself doing it "Once a Month" or even "Twice a Month" at first, but ultimately I want to cook and freeze 3-4 weeks worth of meals in one or two sessions. I'll start by doubling or tripling a dinner recipe and then move to a half-day session and then a full day. I've been wanting to do this for awhile now. What better time than now to start!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I laughed so hard when I read what your girls have said! Kids do say the funniest things.

Also, let me know how the cooking thing goes. There are several places around here that do that. Like you go and make the food there and take it home and freeze it (it's expensive.. $180 for 12 dinners) so I've had the idea to do it.. I just wouldn't know where to start. So, let me know.. :)

Unknown said...

P.S. I have had a little success with Sears and JC Penny's maternity section. My problem is I hate paying so much for something I'm only going to wear such a short time! :(

Blog Archive