Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Marathon Day of Holiday Baking

I suspect my right arm will probably be a little sore tomorrow from all the stirring I did today. My dad came over and we made No Bake Cookies, Rice Krispie Treats, Chex Mix and Grandma Twilegar's fudge. I must say, it was the first time I've ever made Grandma T's fudge and it is so much better than the Kraft Fantasy Fudge! After my dad left, I made some delicious toffee. I will be making fairy cookies in the morning. Fairy cookies are a Scandinavian cookie made with lots of butter (clarified butter, in fact) and lots of powdered sugar. They melt in your mouth. Mark's Grandmother, who is Danish, taught me how to make them. They are very labor intensive, but well worth the effort.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

GRANDMA'S FUDGE!?!?! I'm on the next plane out there!!!

Anonymous said...

I had a great time with you and Anika making the goodies and thanks for the help with making my Moms home made fudge! It's been over 20 yrs since I have had her fudge! Thank you so much and thank you also Anika for all your help!

Unknown said...

So, I made this fudge the day before Christmas... and it never "set up". I kind of fudged the numbers on the amounts of chocolate, marshmallows, etc... that was probably the reason why. ANYWAY, it was sticking to the pan, and I knew that it would never look good if I cut it up, so I had Nan scoop it up with my handy dandy pampered chef baller and then roll the balls in powdered sugar or these little toffee bits and we made fudge truffles! This was really my mom's idea when I called to lament the fact that my fudge was ruined. Nan had a BALL (no pun intended) and they turned out really good! Unfortunately, next year it will set up and I won't be able to recreate it.

Sorry, didn't mean for this to become a book! :) Off to eat some fudge truffles (I swear, I've gained 200 pounds this Christmas)

Blog Archive