Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Firestorm

There was a horrible fire very near to our small subdivision last night. It started as a brush fire and quickly spread up a hill, completely destroying 9 homes and badly damaging 10 others. There were winds of over 50 MPH at the time of the fire. I will write more about our personal experience later. We did have to evacuate for a short time, but we are fine and our neighborhood is still standing. Here is a link to the story (Homestead Rim is our subdivision).

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Thank goodness you all are all safe! That's scary. Some days I wish my house would burn down so I could start from scratch, but then I think about how truly terrible that would be!

Anonymous said...

I am so glad you guy's are o.k.-we fell asleep watching the news and hoping the winds would die down. This is so sad for all those who lost their homes!
Beth

Blog Archive